Hacker Newsnew | past | comments | ask | show | jobs | submitlogin

Yes. That's quite a good deal, the trustee has already secured cash backing for the cash value of your claim.


Cool. I'm in. What sort of proof do you want me to provide?


Shit, now I actually have to come up with the money ;) In July the trustee is going to announce how the claims are supposed to be made. I'll send you another message when that's clear so we can set something up. If I forget or try to chicken out you can contact me on mail at tinco dot nl.


No no no. No fair kicking the can down the road. :)

I have to decide how I feel about this now, and how I feel about it now is "well, my chance of a payoff just got more uncertain".

The longer we wait, the less uncertainty there is.

If you think I should be happy about the news, then you should want to take the risk right now not in a few months after whatever new information comes out.


In my head the big uncertainty is how long the claims procedure is going to take, and how long the determining of the final CR plan is going to take. The estimates seem very optimistic to me, so I totally understand your hesitance in feeling good about this development. But I can't buy your claim if I don't know what is needed to transfer the claim.


I understand.

I think I made my point. It looked like I was on track to get ~$400 sometime fairly soon. Now I maybe get a bunch more, but possibly further years down the line, and I have to file more paperwork and keep thinking about it and all that nonsense. That's not an update I'm happy with, even though the nominal claim I have is larger.

I'd rather just have the $400! And so would you.

Cheers.




Consider applying for YC's Winter 2027 batch! Applications are open till November 2.

Guidelines | FAQ | Lists | API | Security | Legal | Apply to YC | Contact

Search: